OptaSense’s Distributed Acoustic Sensing system intelligently detects and classifies people, animals, vehicles and projectiles via fibre optic cable. Users are then able to assign descriptions to specific detection signatures and specify which events trigger an alarm.
- Wavestore and OptaSense together provide a best-in-breed solution for video, audio, data and fibre detection applications
- Add video to fibre detection events and benefit from real-time, on alarm and easily searchable post-event viewing
- Wavestore’s ‘any video, any format’ philosophy means it’s easy to integrate multiple camera technologies onto the same platform, including thermal cameras that are able to cover vast distances in perimeter and pipeline protection applications
- Easily search for events from any keyword and instantly bring up video and backup using Wavestore’s 3-click evidential export function from associated cameras
- Ability to customise actions to trigger events with any number of actions performed thanks to the Wavestore events engine
- The fibre optic cable can be buried underground, or deployed along a fence-line above ground to suit a wide-range of applications such as pipeline protection and Perimeter Intruder Detection (PIDS). OptaSense is able to divide the fibre optic cable into specific zones and, thanks to repeater units, can cover vast distances of many thousands of kilometres.
To enable OptaSense Acoustic Fibre & PIDS integration with Wavestore’s VMS, please order the following for each Wavestore NVR/HVR:
INT-WS-OPTASENSE-01 - Integration module for full two-way communication between Wavestore and OptaSense. Order one per Wavestore NVR/HVR.
The OptaSense integration module is compatible with Premium, Enterprise and Ultimate level channel licenses.